Friday, June 16, 2006

Insight and Deep sayings: The Week in review

Just wanted to share a few statement that impressed me this week as I studied. The first is from LORD, I Want to Know You by Kay Arthur. The Lord kept redirecting me to one of His names , El Shaddai - God Almighty , The All sufficient One !!

Kay described a time in her life when she was looking for love in the wrong places and trying to met all of her own needs ,but God stepped in and revealed Himself to her as El Shaddai. As I read tears ran dow my face as I realized that I also more than not take the responsibility of me and mine into my own hands . This is a job that is too big for me but not for El Shaddai.

El Shaddai is more than able to bring about ALL the promises He has made because it is through His power that they are fulfilled. Abaham's sperm was dead and Sara's was way beyond child bearing BUT because EL Shaddai promised it came to pass. God will do the same for us.

Side Bar Thought:
When looking at the story of Abraham and his promise ( Genesis 15-17) you see a few things .

#1 God made the promise of Isaac prior to Abram's name change( Gen 15)

#2 Abram and Sarai try to work it out on there own and produce Ishmael ( Gen 16)

#3 God comes back and once again makes the promise to Abram BUT this time He (God ) addresses him by a new name . God says in verse 1-2 of Chpt 17 " I am God Almighty ; walk before Me, and be blameless. And I will establish My covenant between Me and you , and I will multiply you exceedingly".

Here God reveals himself to Abram as the one who will make things happen , by His power and His might. He then goes on to change Abram and Sarai's names and adds the "h" sound to each of their names to give Himself to them!!! Giving them His power . Kay states that the "h" sound can only be made by an out-breathing so it represents an outbreath or the Spirit of God coming into their lives. Bringing the power to do the impossible ..the conception of the promised child.

#3a Even in all of this Abraham still did not understand what God was saying as El Shaddai because later in Chp 17 we see Abraham laughing in his heart at the promise AND then trying to claim the blessing for Ishmael which was reserved for Isaac

Gen 17: 17-19
17Then Abraham fell on his face and laughed, and said in his heart, "Will a child be born to a man one hundred years old? And Sarah, who is ninety years old, bear a child?"
18And Abraham said to God, "Oh that Ishmael might live before You!"
19But God said, "No, but Sarah your wife will bear you
a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; and I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant for his descendants after him.

Abraham was still not walking in faith or his new name because he tried to push off his flesh work for God's spirit work and we do the same . We try to work up the things of God when the promise is taking too long to manifest and then want God to bless it . NOPE not gonna happen. God is faithful even when we are not and His word is true. We need stop trying to get God to bless our flesh mess and allow Him to work His Spirit work. He knows where the blessing lies and it's in Him El Shaddai. GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I truly needed this revelation in my life and walk . God loves me so much that He has made it clear to me this week that this is how I need to see Him right now . As my El Shaddai , My All sufficient God , God Almighty and that there is NOTHING to hard for Him.

This will have to be continued ...

Next thoughts from Juanita Bynum's book "Matters of the heart "and a statement Jesus made in the book of Matthew.

Manifesto I think you'll appreciate that post

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home