Monday, September 11, 2006

5 years ago today ...9/11/2001

Where was I when the Towers were hit..

I was in my first year at Andrews and we were in class and the announcement was made.. Some of my friends from the city were rushing to any free phone to call home , trying to make sure their loved ones were safe. People crying all over the place , but I remember I didn't cry ..I almost didn't feel anything . I still don't understand it to this day ...maybe it was shock But I do remember reacting to the sight of people jumping ...jumping to their deaths . Death was looming one way or another and I guess to them it seem best thing to do at the time. The heat so intense too hot to stay and no where to go but out. Lord have mercy I remember . Then when the towers came down I couldn't conceive in my mind that people could live through it , that people could make it out. But some did. Praise God .

I remember faces of people of all different races covered in ashes ...unable to tell black , white, latino, asian..just ash covered people grieving together , crying together ....together. unity in pain and suffering, shock and fear.

I remember not being surprised that something like this had finally happened on U.S. soil. We thought we were invincible. We though we were it but a group of crazy people proved to us the we have a weak link. That we are not impervious.

I remember.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home