Thursday, June 22, 2006

A Word from the Levities

I have been blessed with a wonderful cyber familiy . This post is from Karen aka Lady Levite . It touched me so I decided to share .

IIChron 29:11 (The Message)
God has chosen you to take your place before Him. to serve in conducting and leading worship.--this is your life's work--do it and do it well.
I was then led to Psalm 137:1-4 and I wrote the following:

How can we sing the songs of the Lord in a strange land? But the question for me is...How can we NOT. If we know we have been chosen, called out, selected to minister to the people through the arts: singing, dancing, speaking or enhancing the delivery of th emessage through sound and visual aids, we need to do that and not be afraid of how we will be received.

The strange land: My ministry expands beyond the walls of the church and the church folk don't understand nor receive it.

The strange land: The manner in which I minister is considered non traditional.

The strange land: The atmosphere needs to be prepared for the Word to go forth.

The strange land: I don't wanna walk in my calling today. I'm tired and I wanna go home.

My two cents:

I have always wonder how we could NOT sing in a strange land too. As people of God we are called to give a praise ,a testimony at all times and to work in our anointing . So instead of saying how can we as if we can't because of those around us let us say as Karen and I have said How can we NOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home