Monday, October 04, 2010

Cleansing ( Physical and Spirtual)

Today I am starting ( again) my journey to physical wellbeing. I have recently moved and gain about six pounds thus making me the biggest I have ever been . This has got to stop . I am starting a three day detox and then will follow a seven day 1200 cal vegan diet . God told me a lllooooooggg time ago that IF I wanted to loose weight I should eat Gen 1:29 which says"Then God said, "Behold, (A)I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you;" So there it is . A vegan diet is what I need for my body to be healthy , so why am I in the worst shape of my life physically ? Because I have too often given in to my flesh , but no more. The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step and I'm talking my first step today .

Now I have been here many times before but this time is different ? why you ask? well I'm glad to tell you . I am depending on God to help me . I can not do this in my own strength because IF I could I wouldn't be writing this post now would I :). I am committing my physical health and addictions to Him and I know I will have the victory . Slow and steady wins the race .


With this determination towards physical health I realize that I need to do a spiritual cleanse as well . So for the next three days I am going to disconnect from the things that so easily distract ( beset-KJV or entangles -NASB ) me  according to Heb 12:1-3
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,
 2fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.
 3For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Three days of physical cleansing and spiritual cleansing . Pray for me . Of course the enemy of my soul finds no joy in my new resolve but greater is He who is in me that he who is in the world ! (1John 4:4)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home